Friday, November 05, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

This was Whitney's first halloween and I think it was a good one. We were given two costumes by Courtney's aunt and we had a hard time between the two on which one Whitney should wear.



The first one was a cow and it was really cute. Especially if we could get Whitney to hold the cow stuffed animal.



The second was a pumpkin and that is the one we chose. Oddly enough, when I took Whitney trick or treating at Eastern campus, another girl in my ward had her daughter dressed as a pumpkin. So we went around the different campus buildings together and we were the pumpkin patch. All the older people giving out candy to the kids thought we were great.

Whitney was really interested in the pumpkins. She loved to hit them and she loved to lick them - a little bit gross.







Can you tell what our two pumpkins are? Will carved the pumpkin shaped pumpkin (which was my idea) and then I carved the rocket shaped pumpkin (which was his idea). It was really fun. I love roasting pumpkin seeds and eating them for the next couple of days. With two pumpkins we had plenty to eat. Yum.

Our ward had a big trunk-or-treating activity for the kids because Halloween was on Sunday and the children all wanted candy. I couldn't believe how many kids there were. Will and I almost ran out of candy to give out. Of course, all the walking around and saying trunk-or-treat made Whitney very sleepy.



Her hat only looks like it covers her whole face. I promise that she could still breath just fine. And Will and I shared a pumpkin shaped pizza from Papa Murphys.



So all in all, Halloween was great. It's fun going around with a kid and picking up candy. Whitney even got to eat some of her candy.






I have been giving her little pieces of chocolate and things like that and she has loved it. What small child, or even small adult, doesn't love chocolate and sugar?

A while ago we received an outfit from Scott and Emily, Will's sister and brother-in-law, who live in Japan. The outfit said it was for babies 3 - 6 kg. Now I don't have a clue how many pounds are in a kilogram, so I wasn't sure when I should let Whitney wear the outfit. But we tried it on the other day and it fit okay. If you look really close it says happy hachikun. I don't know what that means. But the outfit is still really cute. So thank you Scott and Emily.



Whitney has been developing a lot over these past couple of weeks. She got her two bottom teeth, hooray.



Now it took me a long time to get a picture with Whitney showing off her teeth, so I know it isn't the best lighting and quality, but you can see her teeth. Does anyone know if teeth take a long time to keep coming up after they have broken through the gums? Whitney's teeth broke the gums over two weeks ago and they still look really small. Shouldn't they be pushing up some more?

Also, Whitney has learned how to crawl, sort of. She is really slow and will only go a little bit before getting upset. But she is getting there and we are really excited about that. Here is a video of her crawling.






It has been really fun to see Whitney grow and develop. I hope that everyone else has had good Halloweens. I am so excited for all the holidays coming up. Take care everyone.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Too cute! I like the cow one but the pumpkin is cute too. I'm glad you all had fun.

Baby teeth take a while to come in fully, so hers will keep poking up slowly but surely. Teeth are stubborn and only come in on their own timetables. Owen's didn't come in at all until 16 months!

emily said...

Good job crawling Whitney! She is doing such a good job! I love her little teeth! Our kids teeth still took a long time to come up all the way after they broke through...they come up so slow! I'm glad Whitney fit in the bee outfit...sorry about the weird sizing. I can't figure it out either! I love her little pumpkin costume! So cute!

Jensen: Dana and Ruth said...

I love that she had to turn the sucker around to see if the other end would be tasty too. So cute!

Wer're glad you had a happy Halloween! We miss you guys :-)

Rosanne said...

Whitney is good at crawling and grabbing! She knows what she wants. Mom K