Today we went to Green Bluff Farmers right outside of Spokane to pick fruit. We had some friends tell us about it last year, but we never took the chance to go. It was almost an hour drive, so we won’t go back very often, but we all had a fun time.
This is a picture of the farm and surrounding areas. It is really pretty with the green trees and the mountains looming in the background. It would be a nice place to sit and ponder for awhile or even take a short hike.
There was a funny little train just sitting on the grass outside of all the fields. I think it is normally used to take people around the different fields for picking, but today it was just sitting there. Whitney had to take a moment to examine it.
Whitney and I stand by this great big pumpkin. I guess there is a big pumpkin patch in the fall and lots of people go to pick pumpkins every year. So this fake pumpkin just stays standing all year to convince people to come back in the fall.
It is hard to tell from the picture, but this is us riding on the tractor to get to the strawberry field. It was a really crowded ride, so we all squished together. I think Whitney liked it bumping over the little hills and whatnot.
I took this picture from the tractor, so we aren’t in the field yet. But it was a crowded place because it was the first weekend for strawberry picking. We were able to find plenty of strawberries though. We are glad that we went in the early morning because by the time we were leaving, the farmers were turning people away because all the strawberries were gone.
Whitney did pretty good at staying on the paths between the strawberry plants. We had to remind her a couple of times to not squish the berries in her hands or under her feet. It got pretty warm, so I was grateful to be in shorts. We made poor Whitney wear long sleeves though because we were worried about sunburn and bees. Both of those were not a problem though, thank goodness.
Here is Will’s basket full of strawberries. I had my own basket and we wandered up and down the field collecting strawberries and taking turns being in charge of Whitney. (She tends to make picking strawberries harder).
After paying for our strawberries, we looked around a bit and got a picture of Will and Whitney in front of the “castle”. We could have paid extra money and let Whitney explore the castle, but we decided not to do that.
So we had a great time getting strawberries. We also picked a little rhubarb as well, but we aren’t quite sure what we want to do with it. It has been a good day.






1 comment:
Rhubarb is good with a bit of sugar, heated up like jam with our without strawberries. It is a little tart in the sweetness, I love it.
Hooray for the strawberry pickers.
Post a Comment