Sunday, October 21, 2012

Preparing for Halloween

We have done a couple of Halloween craft things over the last couple of days.  Mostly it is because the weather has been chilly so we have needed ideas of things to be done indoors.  Whitney is pretty artsy and likes coloring and painting and anything like that.  Rachel was just there because I made her.


Will and I made sugar cookies for Relief Society Enrichment.  We had a couple of leftover pumpkins, so the girls got to do some decorating.  Whitney was very good at frosting her pumpkin.


And she loved putting on marshmallows and chocolate chips covering the entire surface area.


Then she only ate one bite because it was too sweet for her and Whitney doesn't really like frosting.  Like my parents would always say -  'she must have been adopted'.  I had a hard time not just scarfing down all the cookies before taking them to enrichment.


Rachel had lots of help frosting.  She got to taste a little bit and she made kind of a funny face.  So I am not sure what she thought of it.


There was a little unhappiness with putting the chocolate chips onto the cookie.  Rachel really loves chocolate chips and would have preferred eating them.  But she did get a couple of them onto her cookie.  Good job girls!


Whitney is coloring a picture of a pumpkin.  We found this little pen that does four colors depending on which side you push down and it is Whitney's favorite thing now.


It is hard to tell, but Rachel really did color this pumpkin.  I think no crayons were consumed during the process, success!


We also painted with some halloween colors.  It is suppose to be a spider.  Whitney loved loved painting and kept wanting to do it some more.  I bought a couple of paintbrushes and paints a little while ago, so I guess we will be painting this winter.


And look at how happy Rachel is to be painting.  She did a pretty good job.


All of us smiling for a Happy Halloween.  It only took us like five shots to get this picture - a pretty good job if I do say so myself.

No comments: