Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa is coming to town

We went to the tree lighting ceremony at the library last week.  It was fun for both the girls, especially when santa came along.  I took a couple pictures of our time.


It started snowing just lightly right before it was time to go, so we bundled up the girls really well.  I think they stayed plenty warm while we were outside.


This is the big tree outside the library right before they turned on the lights.


We got to have hot chocolate and cookies and listen to a youth choir sing Christmas carols while we waited for the tree to light up.  The hot chocolate really hit the spot on the cold night.


I'm afraid it isn't the best picture of the tree lit up.  But it was really pretty.  Whitney was pretty amazed by it and kept staring (I think Rachel was a bit indifferent, oh well).


Then santa came on the fire truck and all the kids crowded around him.  Whitney went up to him and got a candy cane, so she was happy.  Rachel also went up to santa, but he had run out of candy canes.  Sorry Rachel - maybe next year will be different.


A police officer read Christmas books in the library. 


A nice lady inside the library volunteered to take our picture next to the little tree in the library.  So it was a great beginning to the Christmas season.




No comments: