So I was in charge of alphabet days last Wednesday and we did the letter 'C'. Of course, everyone knows that C is for Cookies - just ask the cookie monster. So I based my alphabet days on cookies. We started off with dancing to the C is for Cookie song. The kids all really love dancing.
Then we worked on making chefs hats. They are just made of folded paper (which I spent like an hour doing the day before) and the kids got to decorate their hats. They got to use cotton balls and markers and glitter. Whitney especially loved this colorful pen that can do four different colors. We had quite a fun glittery mess to clean up afterwards.
I wanted a picture of all the kids in their hats. They aren't all looking at the camera, but they wouldn't hold still for very long after the hats were made, so I have to be happy with what I can get.
Then we made the cookies - chocolate chip cookies. The kids took turns dumping in ingredients and then everybody got to stir. I think that was their second favorite part, after eating the cookie dough. Whitney would have been happy to just eat cookie dough all day long.
We colored with crayons while the cookies baked. Whitney is getting much better at coloring. I love these 'C' pictures with the cookie monster on them.
After the kids left, I made the rest of the cookies with all that extra dough. I made some huge cookies for our date night that we had on Friday. We made cookie ice cream sandwiches. They were really rich and delicious; I could only eat half of one. It was a yummy treat.
Anyway, the kids had a blast with the letter 'C'. Now I don't have to worry about anything for a couple of weeks. But I would appreciate if anyone had any ideas for the letter 'F'. I was thinking of maybe basing it on farm things, but I am not sure what that would entail.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
This looks like so much fun! What a great idea! And it looks like the kids liked it too.
Emily has some links on her blog(s) to kids alphabet activities. Here is one: http://makinglearningfun.com/themepages/LetterIdentificationActivities.htm
it might give you some ideas. :-)
I love that second picture with the kids wearing their hats. Whitney looks like pure joy. I love it.
Post a Comment